Saturday, July 10, 2010

Late Start Early Saturday Morning Chicago Traffic


20 Hours after crossing the Tobin in Boston! Yea! 






It was overcast warm and humid when we arived on Saturday June 12th 9:37 AM.

Why was I surprized to see a toll to drive into Chicago?

If I had questions I could have pushed a button to get answers?

It is a Toll Booth Right?
I was excited to be back in Chi-town and was about to be surprised at how excited Tyler was becoming about the whole experience.

We couldn't see the Willis Tower which I knew as the Sears Tower before leaving for Route 66.

We were certainly corrected every time we asked for directions since it was hidden in the clouds hovering over the city that day.

I have been to the beginning of Route 66 here in Chicago now I needed to shoot the end of Route 66.

Without the Willis Tower there was not much of a reference for me and Tyler was satisfied with just exploring this great city amazed of its cleanliness.

We were both exhausted only stopping at a rest area where I sweat a lot more than slept.

We stopped at what would be the best of any place we had to pay to stay at which was the Best Western in Countryside, IL.

Maybe because it was a Hotel instead of a Motel now realizing there is huge difference.

We stopped in a White Castle for Sliders and Chicken Rings and went back to our room for a great nights sleep.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment